Saturday, September 24, 2005

Random Thoughts (no comics content)

Johnny B's Fearless Pigskin Prognostications. He's 1-1 on Seattle games, so we'll see how he does this week...

Huh. A list of the Top 50 Sci-Fi shows, and Doctor Who is only at number 8?!??? *sigh* Via SlashDot.

If Pirates Ruled The World. I like Arrrrrby's. Via Boing Boing.

Mentos + Soda = EXPLOSION!

YES! Eleven parents of students at a Pennsylvania high school are suing over the school district's decision to include "intelligent design" in the curriculum of ninth-grade biology classes. ID is NOT science and it belongs in CHURCH and NOT in schools (and if you absolutely must teach it in school, it belongs in philosophy class, and not in science class).

I knew it. Guys don't wash their hands. Ug.

Biodiesel cars run on coconuts.

The New York Times has an article on busing for economic integration in Raleigh, NC. This one hit some sore spots with me, as a victim of busing for racial integration when I was in 7th and 8th grades. Seeing the results of the busing, however, made me think hard about what I went through. It still wasn't worth it.

Katrina by the numbers.

How to do triage... what it is and what you need to know if you end up as a first responder.

How bloggers can protect themselves when in areas where they risk being censored.

Billmon explains why he's now in favor of pulling out of Iraq immediately instead of a slow withdrawal. I'm frightened by his reasons, but I cannot fault them.

0 comments: