Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 14 September 2005 - Part II

JLA #118: "Crisis of Conscience Part Four": Oh come on. What do you expect me to say? I mean, I'm the biggest Aquaman fan around who blogs... obviously I enjoyed the first half of the story. The second half... well, there was a really good line. But that's about it. I love the return of the gloves. I think it's perfect. After all, Aquaman is busy in Sub Diego with reconstruction efforts, why wouldn't he wear gloves? I just have a bit of an issue with Despero taking out both J'onn and Arthur. Seems unlikely to me... but oh well, if it serves the story... *sigh* Wiki. 2 1/2 starfish

JSA #77: "Mixed Signals": Airwave is gonna die, isn't he? The only reason to bring an old minor hero back nowadays is to kill him off. Well, other than that, this was a nicely solid set-up issue. Unfortunately, it doesn't really seem to be setting up anything for the JSA title, just for a bunch of crossover madness. And while the cover indicates that it's a "Day of Vengeance" tie-in, most of the issue seems to tie-in more closely with Rann-Thanagar War and The Return of Donna Troy. Wiki. 2 1/2 starfish

Rann/Thanagar War #5: "Betrayed": A bunch of things happened. Characters died. The readers yawned. Only one more issue. Good thing, too. Wiki. 1 starfish

0 comments: