Monday, October 03, 2005

Random Thoughts

Today the new comics all start on GirlAMatic. My interest is in The Mad Bun by Rachel Hartman, of course. I hope that someday she'll give us some more Amy Unbounded adventures. Check out Rachel's Blog for the lowdown on why Amy stopped getting published, by the way...

Happy Anniversary to Phil and Kaja Foglio!

Mercury Studio has pictures.

Polite Scott is Redirected Male at Sequential Tart. I liked the "Crisis on Infinite Exam Rooms."

Of course Green Arrow did this. I'll have a blog up in a bit with PROOF of it, even.

Can't get enough Lehrer? Here's more.

The tenth planet is named Xena, and her moon is Gabrielle. Now, will it ever really be confirmed as a planet? I personally doubt it.

The first reel of The Avengers (the TV series from the UK, not the comic book) has been found! Now people can finally see for themselves what the Avengers were avenging.

More adventures in the library. This one... I just can't stop shaking my head at this one. The poor bookmobile librarian...

A lot of folks spotted that trailer for The Shining that made it look like a feel-good family movie. Here's links to more.

An Oregon victim of the RIAA's extortion techniques is countersuing. Basically, the RIAA and their reps told her that they had "proof taken from her computer" that she'd illegally downloaded songs, which she maintains she never did. Her countersuit says that the RIAA either a) illegally hacked into her computer or b) lied about hacking into her computer to extort money from her illegally. Sounds to me like she's got a good case. I hope she wins.

I'm a little late in linking to them, but Johnny B's NFL Predictions went up a couple of days ago. He was right about the Seahawks again.

Vocabulary from around the world. Yup, they have a word for it...

What is Pi.

I've been enjoying the micro-stories on 365 Tomorrows lately. I particularly enjoyed the twist my brain had to develop to read today's story.

Wild Animal Cam live from Botswana. Listen to the sounds of a watering hole and, if you're lucky, you might even spot something on the video.

Stuart Hughes on Yahoo in China. Also check out this post.

Another music group releases their album on the internet for free. It makes me much more likely to check 'em out.

0 comments: