Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Review Copy Review - Giant Monster

Giant Monster by Steve Niles and Nat Jones, from Boom! Studios.

I got a surprise in the mail today, and rather than review comics that have been sitting in my pile for a couple of weeks awaiting my attention, I decided to give this one a go.

This is a monster book. No doubt about it. If you like monsters, you will probably like this book. It's the first issue of two, and it's all monstery set-up. The artwork is fantastic, and the blood and guts fly as the monster forms and becomes a menace. Again, if you like monsters, you will probably really like this book.

Me, I'm not much into monsters most of the time. But I still found it to be a fun little story. It's very straightforward without much suspense or real horror. Lots and lots of blood and guts, though, and an abiding sense of creepiness. Whether this is just a standard horror book or something more impressive will depend a lot on how the story ends. 2 1/2 starfish

Shipping date is October 19th, tomorrow. Monster fans should check the shelves for it when you next hit the store.

0 comments: