Tuesday, November 15, 2005

It's Time

I have, for several years, worked with CSS just a little on blogs. I've avoided it except when forced to deal with it. But after yesterday's Aquaman Website adventure, I think it's time to try converting my websites to CSS. There are a lot of advantages to it, not the least of which is that I'll be somewhat current with web standards. I don't expect to ever catch up completely, but I'm still back in 1996 when I first started making websites. Time to update.

Now I'm about to start, and if anyone has any useful advice, I'd like to hear it. Particularly any links to good tutorials or especially a good reference page on CSS. I understand the concept, I need to understand what each piece actually does.

I'll continue to test my pages on five browsers, but I might sometimes post a little comment in a linkdump asking for folks to check out a particular page to make sure it works.

Update: I just found an excellent starting point at the CSS Panic Guide. In addition to explaining CSS, it also explains XHTML and why I ought to upgrade my sites to it. I'm sold. This may take me awhile to accomplish, but I figure by the time I finish converting my entire Aquaman website (while updating it, as well) I'll probably be an expert.

0 comments: