Friday, February 24, 2006

Lava Jaguar Go

Ah, fun with Anagram Generators. Thanks for the link, Elayne.

Not only is Castle Waiting coming back, but Linda Medley has also started a Cafe Press store with neat Castle Waiting stuff. I need to request a pin for my fanbag...

If you wonder why there is a shortage of Special Education teachers, just read a few entries of this journal, written by a spec ed teacher. Regular teachers get this sort of crap, too, just usually without as much violence. Via Dryad.

Fascinating discussion of copyright on Making Light. Read the comments. I have no problem with an author having control of their own work for his/her entire life, nor do I have a problem with extending that to 20 years beyond the author's death (to support any children). It's the way that corporations own copyrights that are effectively perpetual that bothers me.

Make Einstein write on the chalkboard.

I didn't think it would work on me, but this video about an autistic basketball player did bring tears to my eyes.

Wanna watch a Supernova? A mysterious explosion spotted by astronomers might be the beginnings of one.

Boing Boing links to a website where you can view sex offenders in your neighborhood. I put in the address of one of the local elementary schools and was slightly disturbed to find a sex offender whose crime was listed as "child molestation" living less than two blocks from the school. Especially since there are three elementary schools clustered right there (two private schools and one public).

0 comments: