Thursday, February 02, 2006

Rapid Reviews - 25 January 2006

Batman #649: "All They Do Is Watch Us Kill Part 2": I'm not sure what to think. If the latest crisis is supposed to be getting rid of darkness, this issue definitely illustrates some of that darkness. 2 1/2 starfish

Wonder Woman #225: "Nothing Finished, Only Abandoned": This is an excellent wrap-up story. It is a bit abstruse in the captions, but it works. The isolation of Diana is complete. Not bad. 3 starfish

JLA: Classified #16: "The Hypothetical Woman Part One: Never Brought To Mind": I love the diagnosis on The Flash. Heh. One of the best lines in comics ever. Not a bad set-up for a story, not a bad start. I'm looking forward to seeing what the general's weapon actually does. 2 1/2 starfish

Green Lantern Corps: Recharge #4: "Hunted": I like Soranik Natu. The rest of the characters bore me. The story bores me. The threat doesn't seem threatening. I'm not enjoying this tale. 2 starfish

Fallen Angel #2: This just gets more and more complicated and odd. Wait, is this really only the second issue of the new run??!? My. 3 starfish

Pact #4: It's really late, and it focuses on my least favorite of the four characters. I think if this had come out a month after the others, it would have fit in and I would have a higher opinion of it. But six months after the last issue... and it didn't have any major appealing stuff in it. Not horrible, but not great, either. 2 starfish

Local #3: "Theories and Defenses": My least favorite of the series so far, mostly because I just couldn't get into the stories. This was four different tales in one with an overall theme and narration. The artwork continues to grow on me. And it's still head and shoulders above most other comics. 3 starfish

Usagi Yojimbo #90: "The Ghost in the Well": Ooooh, I love ghost stories in this book. And a nice murder mystery, too. Looking forward to the next issue. 4 starfish

0 comments: