Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Helicopters

There are TONS of helicopters in the air above my house right now. I was really confused to hear it, so I started trying to find information about it. Anything at all about it.

I checked all the local stations: KIRO, KING 5, KOMO... It wasn't until I checked Northwest Cable News that I saw this little "traffic advisory": Police have blocked off some streets in downtown Bothell, in the vicinity of 187th and 104th, while they search for a burglary suspect.

HOLY CRAP!

Update: KING5 reports (login required).

BOTHELL, Wash. - Police in Bothell arrested a suspect on Tuesday morning after a woman came home to find a burglary in progress.

At about 9:20 a.m., the woman had returned to her home in the 10400 block of NE 187th St. to find a man in the home. The suspect ran out the back door when he saw the resident. He then entered another residence and a church.

Police blocked off several roads in the area as they searched for the suspect. A nearby school and day care center were locked down.

The King County Sheriff's Dept. helicopter and a police dog aided in the search.

A man was arrested and taken into custody.

No one was injured.
Update: It was less than a block away. They caught the guy in a housing development less than a block away from where I'm sitting. One of the houses burgled was four houses up the street. There are newsvans and police gathered just up the road, less than a half a block away. And one of the TV news reports included a shot of my house from the helicopter. I went out onto my front lawn and took a quick picture of the view. As I took the picture, another cop car came up behind me to join the two up the road.

Cops In Bothell

Update: It's not quite over yet. First, KIRO has a report, and second, the police were wandering through my yard just a few minutes ago and I went to the door to talk with them. They thought there might have been a second burglar, so they are searching just to make sure. Lovely. Makes me feel so safe.

KING5 has a video, raw footage, of the capture.

0 comments: