Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A Gift On Independence Day

I went to my folks place for a party today, and while I was there my mom gave me a very strange but very cool gift. She explained that she was going through old boxes of bills to throw out files that weren't needed anymore. To her amusement, the bills went back a LONG way... including the bill for her hospital stay at my birth.

She stayed one night. The room cost her $63 with various other hospital charges adding up to $31.50. My delivery was $85. My stay in the nursery was $33. Surgical supplies cost $6. Anesthesia was $8.25. The total for my delivery: $226.75. A couple of other charges (pharmacy and lab) tacked on another $25.05 for a total bill of $251.80. That's how much it cost my parents to take me home.

Now if I could only find my birth certificates (yes, I have two).

0 comments: