Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Another Linkdump

Neil Gaiman and Copyright Dates. I remember the flap about Tim Hunter being a rip off of Harry Potter.

Paul Cornell links to a video of the Hugo award speech for Doctor Who. If I had been there, I would've hugged Paul.

Heidi Rants on comic book lateness. I'm sort of in agreement. Sort of, because I blame this pretty squarely on the folks who expect miracles out of artists. I'm thinking of Aquaman here, where both Kurt and Butch asked for a two month delay in the book so Butch would be able to keep up the schedule. DC said no, expected miracles, and got a few out of Butch before reality caught up. And now? Aquaman is on the schedule it would have been on if Kurt and Butch had gotten their requested delay.

Heidi also comments on Wonder Woman going bi-Monthly. I asked in one of my polls if Aquaman fans would mind Aquaman going bi-Monthly, and the response was hugely negative. I gathered that many fans thought it would be better to not have any Aquaman at all than to get it only six times a year. Just odd.

A Skintight Burqa makes no sense.

Tokyopop's on-line only sales aren't popular with readers or retailers.

Graeme follows Mark Millar's Predications of doom for comic books, and is confused by the doom without gloom that Millar is promising.

4x6-art.com, a gallery of card art collected over the years. Huh. Maybe I should do this.

Super Typhoon in the Pacific, Wake Island evacuated.

A Sourpuss.

BBC reports on Raed Jarrar being forced to replace a t-shirt before boarding a plane in New York. Again, I think I want one of those t-shirts.

Holy Pasta Week
Sep 15-19 is "Holy Pasta Week"
Plan your menus now.

0 comments: