Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Library Has Spoiled Me

Inheritance
I was about to buy Devin Grayson's controversial novel Inheritance when it suddenly occurred to me to look it up in the local library system first, so I could read it before buying. Especially since the discussion on it has me a little... wary.

Then I was thinking about buying DMZ by Brian Wood, but since the library doesn't have it, I put it on inter-library loan instead (since they usually buy books I put on inter-library loan for some reason).

When the new Harry Potter book comes out, I'll be on top of the list for getting it from the library (for the last book, they had them ready for people who put holds on them the day the books officially shipped, and I was one of the first to read the Harry Potter from the library). I've got the last Lemony Snicket book on hold, too.

Hubby-Eric and I get most of our movies from the library system. We sometimes have to wait a few months, but the price can't be beat and you can keep the movies out a full week. I usually check out books before I buy them now, which hasn't reduced clutter, but it has saved us money.

I hope we don't end up moving too far away. I really like the King County Library System. Give me high-speed internet and a good library nearby, and I'm happy.

0 comments: