Friday, September 22, 2006

Links Links Links

Update on Lea Hernandez from Gail Simone.

Meltzer doubles up.

Comic Book Urban Legends Revealed #69.

If you haven't read Action Philosophers yet, I recommend it.

Comics on the Internet, available in PDF format for a nice low price (including a few free sample issues).

The Beat on Manga Anthologies. I don't know why anthologies don't work in the current market, because I generally like them. If I can get just one story out of Shonen Jump or Shojo Beat that I like, that's worth the price of subscription to me. And I generally do. But this article goes into why Manga anthologies work in Japan... and we have a long way to go if we're going to reach that level of acceptance of anthologies.

And The Beat declares Harlan Ellison vs Fantagraphics to be the "Fight of the Century". Um. Ok.

RIAA Threats Parody. I don't know, it sounds like the truth to me.

Another reason to change the default password.

The Shuttle and the ISS Transit the Sun. Amazing picture, even more amazing when you read what went into taking it. Another version of the image is here.

More astronomy: The "face" on Mars with lots more picture disproving that there is a face there.

Wil Wheaton meets Larry Niven.

10 Science Frauds. Of course, one of them isn't (see the comments on the Boing Boing post). But the others are interesting.

The FCC hates deaf people.

The Royal Society takes on Exxon.

Crappy DRM in Windows Media Player.

Take the US Citizens Test. I'm linking to this because of the link in the article to a PDF file of all the questions.

Clever soap dispenser marks your hand so you know how much you have to wash to get rid of germs.

Here's a very short story about the future. And maybe the not-too-distant future.

A MetaFilter Post about an ex-Nazi guard who married a Jew. No happy endings here.

Banned Books Week is next week.

I Love Banned Books

Ok, one more... It's not the start of Autumn, it's the middle of Autumn.

0 comments: