Saturday, October 14, 2006

Unrelated to Anything Else

Today's morning weigh-in shows that I've lost 40 pounds since I started my efforts on June 10th. I was amused to see that Peter David is having success with the same methods I'm using to lose weight. I'll point out that it isn't easy to lose weight until you hit some sort of true motivation. It took me years of trying before I finally had a moment of truth that made it possible for me to change my diet and lifestyle for good.

If you want to look at my inspirations: Jeremy Zawodny's spreadsheet started me out. Chris Pirillo's tips are a weekly read. Mark Evanier's Gastric Bypass Surgery made me certain I never wanted to need surgery, so I had to make a real effort to lose weight or face that as a realistic possibility.

And lastly, CalorieKing.com was something other folks recommended, so I used it to look up foods while I used Zawodny's spreadsheet, then I finally gave in and bought their software, which I haven't regretted. It's a solid piece of software, even without the extra on-line functions. And I really love seeing the graph of my weight loss (I enter my weight every morning):

Calorie King Weight Loss Graph

0 comments: