Sunday, November 05, 2006

Review Copy Reviews

Larry was kind enough to send a couple of new books, so I'm going to be kind enough to review them. One today, and the other as soon as I finish it.

Rock Bottom
Rock Bottom by Joe Casey and Charlie Adlard: I admit that I love going into a new book with no idea what it's about, just a recommendation and a hope. This one I had heard a very tiny bit about, "a man turning to stone," and I was thinking of Concrete. I couldn't have been more wrong. It has its own deep pathos and strength and owes nothing to Chadwick's story.

I couldn't stand the main character when the book started, and I didn't really get to like him much by the end, but I felt for him. And that's the strength of this book. You feel for the character even though he's a jerk. I have to applaud Casey and Adlard for getting me to care so much about their story despite that serious handicap.

This one is definitely Recommended.

0 comments: