Thursday, December 21, 2006

Happy Solstice!

Yes, I'm finally part of the cool kid club! My ComicSpace page.

Speaking of cool, check out never-done.com. I'm intrigued.

Let's Kirbycise!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I'm so jealous of Bully. And he even had a good flight. Perhaps I could handle it if I went business class, but I sure couldn't afford it. Bully got lucky, as Heathrow is crowded now that many flights have been canceled due to freezing fog.

Four minutes of the new Doctor Who episode airing on Christmas:


The price of Chocolate. A ten-part story of how a single company "makes" chocolates that sell for far more than their value. I found the article riveting. Your mileage may vary. Via MeFi.

Aaron Williams let's us know that sometimes the angle makes all the difference when taking a picture.

LEGO squid launchers. For the first time ever I'm tempted to get Bionicle just to have a squid launcher. And they aren't just any old squid, either... they're hordes of vampiric sea squid!

Solstice.

Getting rid of microbes will help lose weight. To get rid of them? Lose weight. *sigh*

For the next power outage, I'm sorely tempted to invest in one of these. Enough to run space heater, fridge, freezer(?), and computers... it would keep us home and safe. And they apparently run under $1000. Of course, I don't know where I'm going to get that much money.

I've figured out how to turn my new cellphone into an MP3 player now. I can also access the web with it, but it's a clunky interface so I'll save that for emergencies. I also know how to put video on it, but watching video on that tiny screen seems a bit silly. All in all, it's a cool phone for what we paid for it ($0.00 + the calling plan I would have gotten anyway).

My parents have their power back! I guess we're having Christmas at their house after all! Last night's predicted storm was a bust... lots of rainfall but very little wind in our area. Another series of storms is coming through now, each predicted to be weaker than the previous. *whew* Merry Christmas, Seattle.

0 comments: