Monday, January 15, 2007

Random Thoughts

Bully on Dr. Martin Luther King Day. Also at Newsarama.

The Beat has San Diego Comicon nightmares. I would go this year... I have an offer for a place to stay, entry to the con, and transportation around town... but hubby-Eric and I would still have to figure out how to get to San Diego from Seattle only two weeks after the Winkie Convention in Asilomar (which I really want to go to this year, but may not be able to due to funds). Money is a big issue this year, and I don't think it's going to get better before decisions have to be made. *sigh*

Fun Fifty of 2006 part 2.

A directory of comic folks locations. Yup, I define myself as living in Seattle, although I live a few miles out of town.

Free Hugs (YouTube video). Via filkertom.

Library decides not to close, after all. They had to threaten to close to get anyone to take them seriously, but apparently an effort is now being made to help them deal with rowdy students.

Tamora Pierce was nearly killed by a drunk driver. There is no level of disdain and hatred I can heap upon those who drink and drive that fits what they deserve. I lost a high school friend to a drunk driver, and I have nothing but contempt for people who willingly take alcohol then get behind the wheel of a car. As far as I'm concerned, drinking and driving is premeditated attempted murder, and all drunk drivers who kill should be put in prison for the rest of their miserable lives.

0 comments: