Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Note To Webcomic Creators

If you want to grow your readership, please create an RSS feed for your webcomic. It doesn't have to include the comic itself, it could be just a link to it (a la Girl Genius feeds), but if you haven't got an RSS feed, chances are I'll forget to check your webcomic. And I'm sure I represent some small but significant portion of your audience. So please, make an RSS feed.

As a "for instance", I've started reading Compass at GirlAMatic, and I really enjoy it, because of the RSS feed GirlAMatic offers for many of their strips. If a collection of Compass is produced, I will likely buy it, and that's only because I subscribed to the feed to get Galaxion and Mad Bun. Hrm, now that I think of it, maybe the key to growing your audience is to get your comic on an RSS feed that has some already popular webcomics on it...

0 comments: