Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

Still drinking buckets of lemon ginger tea and trying to feel better. My head is stuffed up now, but not too badly. Just enough to keep me from exercising (I tried the exercise bike but nearly fell off because I was out of balance) and from getting enough done.

Bully appears to have had the best National Gorilla Suit Day, even meeting the Doctor and Rose and giant mutant Kitten Kong.

July 21st 2007. If I'm lucky, I'll be at the top of the library list and able to get it right away. The dates are between The Winkie Convention and San Diego Comic-Con, so if I make it to either or both of those I should be ok. Let's hope I get on the library list early enough. I want to read the book before our copy from Canada gets here.

Ok, the whole Boston lite-brite terrorism thing... I'd be more impressed if the things hadn't already been up around town for THREE WEEKS before anyone noticed one, wet pants, and called police. If they had been bombs, the whole town would've been levelled before anyone reacted. Sheesh. And I really don't think the guys who put the artwork up should be punished. The mayor and media who overreacted and caused gridlock and terror should be punished instead.

Meanwhile, in usually overreacting Seattle, the things showed up and provoked little response. Apparently there were even three of them in Bothell, where I live. Makes me wish I'd seen it. Kind of a surprise when Seattle shows more common sense than Boston...

We're a paranoid society, with our so-called leaders screaming about terror so much that a portion of the populace can't see anything unusual without wetting pants and calling police. The truth is you're more likely to die in a car accident caused by some idiot using his cell phone while driving to notify police of a suspicious box than you are to die in a real terrorist attack. In the meantime, this quote from the Associated Press article sums it all up:

"It's almost too easy to be a terrorist these days," said Jennifer Mason, 26. "You stick a box on a corner and you can shut down a city."

0 comments: