Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday Night Links

Comic Book Urban Legends Revealed #101. Yikes.

Demo is a book for the Teen Age.

Why bother reading something when you can simply jump to conclusions.

Heh Heh Heh Heh Heh (YouTube, 1 minute, worth it).

Uh-oh. I'm in trouble for posting that number. At least, the guys behind the foolish DRM system think I'm in trouble. The thing is, I don't know how to use it and I wouldn't if I did. To me it's a random string of numbers. But to them it's so valuable they will sue people over it... and any other secret numbers I accidently post. Because, see, it's a catch-22. If I know the number, they are angry. If I don't know the number, then how do I know if I am making them angry? For instance: 72 G5 33 75 8U 94 H6 4V M7 78 34 S8 99 10 34 P5 could be one of their secret numbers... but how would I know? What about 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C7? How do we know for sure? And yet we aren't supposed to talk about it. DRM is stupid. People who seriously believe they can lock down knowledge using DRM are stupider.

Searching Loch Ness. Fifteen tiny submersibles are going to scour the bottom of Loch Ness, looking for the known and the unknown. I doubt they will find any monsters, but maybe they'll find some other cool things, like the rest of the bomber, or even other missing planes or boats.

Oooh, I want.

The story of Seattle Slew.

I do like the photo. Heh.

America's Favorite Architecture.

Cue the choir: Heavenly Solar Power Plant.

LA Immigration Reform Rally, images and videos of the police going well over the line for no apparent reason.

0 comments: