Thursday, July 05, 2007

Let's Have A Parade

Yesterday, as hubby-Eric and I started off on a road trip... the first leg took us out of Bothell, away from the plotting SeaFair Pirates (who are headquartered just up the street from us). We went up to Edmonds, where we boarded the Puyallup and crossed the water to Kingston. As we boarded the ferry, we were handed a flyer that warned us that we might experience delays of up to 45 minutes, as Kingston was having their Fourth of July parade at just about the same time the ferry would be arriving! ACK!

Well, the ferry crossed the water in record time, and we got there about 15 minutes early. They hurried everyone off the boat, and up the street... onto the parade route. Which was lined with happy citizens celebrating our nation's Independence Day. It was a Kingston Ferry Pre-Parade, and we were in it...

Kingston Ferry Parade
Kingston Ferry Parade
Kingston Ferry Parade
Kingston Ferry Parade
Kingston Ferry Parade
Kingston Ferry Parade

I contained myself, and only waved to people who waved at me. Indeed, I did the "elbow, elbow, wrist-wrist-wrist!" chant to a couple of women who were waving at all the cars flowing by.

Once out of Kingston, the rest of our drive to our night's destination was pretty uneventful.

We had a good night, watched the fireworks across the bay. I even tried to photograph them, with mixed success. It was a LOUD night. Now we're prepped for the first long leg of our trip.

I probably won't have 'net access when I get to Red Bluff, so this is it for today. I'll try to post once we're in Asilomar on Friday. Comments won't go through until I have internet access again. See you all on the other side!

0 comments: