Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thoughts and Links

Despite some good reviews, I've yet to see any reason to actually check out Minx books from DC. Am I somehow not in the audience for this line? I've seen blessed little real information about any of the books, despite what was supposed to be a major promotional effort.

I was pleased when librarian.net linked to a flickr photoset showing the process it takes for books to be cataloged into a library. When I saw that, I said THAT'S what I want to be when I grow up. A person who catalogs and labels books.

From toilets to terrorists, John Ostrander looks at the art of compromise.

Some bloggers are journalists, says the CIA and NSA. Not me, though, I'm no journalist.

Supposedly the mystery of the "Poe Toaster" has been revealed... however, there are some inconsistencies in the guy's story. At this point, it hardly matters who the Toaster is, the joy of it is in the mystery anyway.

And now, let's do the timewarp again:


If you have some time to spare, MetaFilter links to a documentary about the making of the Muppet Show, on YouTube in six parts.

0 comments: