Saturday, January 05, 2008

A Contrast in Customer Support

I had an issue with the Swiss Colony over a delivery. It was ordered in time for Christmas, but didn't come until after. I reported the problem and, instead of apologizing, they blamed it on first the delivery company and then on me ordering late (falsely claiming I'd ordered the product over a week later than I had). All I was expecting was an apology, instead I got excuses and accusations. I was insulted, so I replied... um... a little angrily. To my disgust, THAT got me the apology I originally wanted (along with, to their credit, a refund). I've decided to never do business with them again.

By contrast, I had a very small issue with some Stash Tea. I decided that they ought to know about it, so I wrote a slightly tongue-in-cheek note describing the problem. I got an immediate response (like, within an hour) apologizing profusely, asking for a little more information so they could track the problem, and offering a refund, credit, or extra tea. I replied and explained that I didn't need a refund, but thanks for the quick response. They sent me a $25 gift certificate anyway!

I think I'll probably buy more Chocolate Peppermint Tea, because it's the best after dinner drink I've found yet (no calories, but it tastes like a peppermint pattie!).

0 comments: