Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Night Links

Comic Book Urban Legends Revealed #143: Wonder Man, Flex Mentallo, and The Human Fly.

The Marvel Assistant Editors' Month.

Ok, maybe I need one of these. I bet my sister could make one.

Obama, Japan has a preference for the US President.

Scoble takes a ride in a Tesla Roadster. I don't want a sportscar, but I'd love a commuter car that fit some of those specs.

Saved by a dvd.

Häagen-Dazs to battle Colony Collapse Disorder with $250,000 in research grants.

Another NorthWest meteorite.

New ways to study baseball statistics reveal that Jeter does suck.

Boycott Hot Topic T-shirts.

Boing Boing reports on the effort to put Carl Sagan on a stamp.

This news probably shouldn't make me so happy. But I hated those ads with an overwhelming passion.

Happy Villain dyes her hair. That's a way to fight depression.

Images from a fire should never look so beautiful.

A solar grand plan: how to end US dependence on foreign oil by 2050. Along the same lines, the 14 Grand Engineering Challenges of the 21st Century.

Open Source software, Vendor-Free software, can help companies keep running critical components. Because they don't have to worry about the vendor going out of business.

This website seems to be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Speaking of lawsuits, this article makes me want to never go to Home Depot again. Especially since I usually bring tools/parts with me to the hardware store to compare to what I'm purchasing.

Ah, for Doctor Who fans.

Pugs.

0 comments: