Friday, April 25, 2008

It's Friday Night, Time for Links

Ingredients of the Batman Ice Cream are revealed (scroll down).

A collection of links about The Dionne Quintuplets. If you've ever read an old comic book, you've seen ads featuring them.

The Gordon Lee case is dismissed. It should never have started in the first place. And Lee offered to write a letter of apology before the whole thing even started, so the District Attorney is a scumbag twit and should pay back every dollar spent on this wasteful attack.

Can't afford any more action figures, but these would be fun to have.

I like Augie's To Do List. I might try it myself.

When I consider what I and my siblings got away with at 9 years old, I can't see why people are so upset that a woman let her 9-year-old son ride home by himself on a New York subway and bus.

You can watch all of season one of Babylon 5 on-line.

BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!! Sorry, the idea of a guy in a trash bag yelling "Darth Vader!" attacking poor wannabe Jedis is hilarious.

I went ahead and added Mecca Time to my FoxClocks add-on, just in case.

Scientists find 17 living relatives of 'iceman' found in glacier. Yup, DNA testing.

One Laptop Per Child: keyboard problems. Not good.

It's not illegal to take photos, even if stupid police or overbearing security guards think it is.

Be good to your local postal carrier, she just might save your baby.

Plastic Ban. Anyone know what types of bottles have this in them? I'm just wondering if I drink anything with this stuff in it.

Why DRM sucks. MSN music DRM server to be shut down: all legally purchased music through them won't work on new computers, because it can't be validated. Stupid stupid stupid.

The Oldest Active Fuller Brush Man.

22 innings in 6 hours and 16 minutes, yeah, old news by now... but still impressive.

I think I want this. Numbered drawers... so useful. So nerdy.

A win for the good guys.

I like the idea of a prize for "vat-grown meat". But, as Slate points out, it won't do anything.

As for meat, would you eat meat from cloned animals? This is a different question than vat-grown meat, and I have a different answer. Cloned animals present all the same problems as far as waste to the environment, and they are living creatures. So, while I would eat it, I'd rather try the vat-grown stuff.

For the in-laws: a sad pug puppy.

0 comments: