Monday, April 07, 2008

Networking

I spent the day at work, with no customers or co-workers, tracing out the network and then updating the various computers to run the new software. I've been wanting to do this for well over a year. I finally got the chance to do it. I didn't quite finish, but that's because the network was a little different than I expected, and it took me entirely too long to figure out how it was set up and how I could change it.

It helps that I wasn't risking taking the whole system down while people were trying to ring up sales in the front... like the LAST time I had a chance to examine the network. And yes, they did get annoyed when the whole system just died on them. I don't blame them.

In any case, I've been in nerdgasm troubleshooting mode all day, so I'm happy as a clam and tired. So don't mind me, go off and find someone interesting to read tonight. Me? I'm going to go to bed and dream of networks.

0 comments: