Thursday, June 12, 2008

Links

Hm, here's a different use for LEGO Bricks.

Comedy TV is dangerous for your health in Britain, where a man was pepper-sprayed in his own home when he laughed too hard at "Have I Got News For You". This is an argument against living in an apartment if I ever heard one.

Weight Loss: Target Diet, Not Surgery. It doesn't make sense to cut at fat when most people can lose weight if they simply learn how to eat healthy. I swear, my experience with weight loss the last two years makes me want to go back to school and become a dietician and food scientist. If I could afford school and thought I could get a job after I did it, I would go for it. The same website discusses dangerous dieting habits. Argh! I think I could help people, I just don't know how to get started.

Blink You!

Here's an interesting situation for free speech: a high school valedictorian's speech was censored by the Superintendent because it was a religious speech. Is that justified, or does the kid have the right to say whatever he wants? The big issue here is that the commencement was mandatory, thus the audience had no choice but to listen. Unless they disrupted the speech with backtalk, which would be almost as rude as giving a heavily religious speech at a graduation.

I've seen abandoned cars before, but an abandoned 727? Wow.

I like this idea. Buy a portion of a farmer's output, always know where your produce is coming from.

Snow in the mountains, it's Junuary in Seattle.

When hubby-Eric and I are rich, we're going to buy a full set of furniture from these guys. With titles of Oz books on many spines. I'd buy an eraser pillow today if I had any money at all.

Turn that frown upside-down!

Basement Cat has Minions. Ceiling Cat has Missionaries.

Bat-Pug!

0 comments: