Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Moving Update

Things are moving really really fast. We met with our local realtor this morning and we have a date when the house will go on the market and must be cleaned out enough to show. July 7th. Eric and I have both made dents in the clutter today, but we have a long way to go to say "we've got this place ready."

If anyone in the Seattle area is looking to buy a house and doesn't mind a Frankenhaus (lots of blog fodder!), contact me and you can come over and take a look. Yes, we plan on being completely honest about everything we've found and fixed and been unable to afford to fix when we sell, even if it costs us. I don't want any other owners to deal with what we've had to deal with here.

On the other side of the mountains, we've got a realtor already looking for a place for us. We hope to head back over to the valley soon and check out some towns and communities. There's a community called "Emerald" near the school Eric will be employed at, it would be a bit of a kick to live there, I think.

This next month is going to be incredibly hard. Both physically and financially.

For extra motivation, my sister helped me lay my hands on a Wii (but not a Wii Fit yet) and I've got a rule in place that I must do some cleaning or packing before I'm allowed to play with the Wii at all. I have really enjoyed the Wii Sports package so far in the less than 24 hours I've had the game. I'll be even more motivated once we find a Fit, because I want to do a daily workout.

Blog posting may be a bit boring or even delayed while we work on moving. I'm going to try to keep it up, but the first priority now is the house, not the blog.

0 comments: