Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Unrelated to Anything Else

Today's morning weigh-in shows that I've lost 116 pounds since I started my efforts on June 10th 2006. This is my monthly check in.

As you may know, if you've been reading these posts, I've sort of reached my goal weight. I've certainly hit the weight range I want to remain in. The problem now is that I still have excess fat around my waist and thighs, and I want to tone that blubber into muscle. I've learned that no matter how much weight you lose, that stomach fat tends to stay, and only exercise (combined with a good diet of course) will get it gone.

My first step toward that goal involved walking at least 30 minutes three times a week. I also returned to swimming, despite the costs involved in getting down to the pool. I started the one hundred push ups challenge, but may be replacing that with daily training on my new Wii Fit (I will conquer the push ups and planks, darn it). Everything is a little up in the air at the moment, thanks to our move. Once we're settled in the new place, where ever it may be, I'll be able to establish a routine again. In the meantime, I'll be trying to keep up with the daily Wii Fit Channel.

0 comments: