Monday, March 09, 2009

From a Soldier in Iraq

This is a postcard my sister got from a soldier that has been receiving my comic books. As you may recall, just before we moved, I decided to get rid of my comic books, and my sister said she would send them to soldiers in Iraq. So we made "care packages" of comic books with enough room for my sister and mom to put some other stuff in each box for the soldiers. This particular soldier has been distributing my comics further into the ranks after he gets done with them.

And this is a thank you postcard, which mentions me as an afterthought!

Soldier's Postcard

"Dear Lisa
When I get home I need to take you out for a night on the town. Thank you (and your sister) so much for the comic books, I'm being a good caretaker and making sure they find a good home over here."

0 comments: