Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Temp Fence Update

Oh well, it couldn't last forever. It's clear that the kids decided they'd had enough of being careful while slipping through my temporary fence, and they busted both upper lines on one of the lengths. So I was able to get some more twine (thank you, Mom!) and I'm going to work on reinforcing the fences over the next couple of days, including cross lines so the kids stop trying to just slip through the fence.

I really need a big ol' fence across the back of my property. The ideal fence would be a nice vinyl fence, but it would cost a minimum of $2000 just for materials, never mind installation. So I'm going to have to go with something uglier, but not until later in the summer.

In the meantime, at least the adults seem to have stopped using my yard as a shortcut, judging from the lack of beer cans and cigarette butts over the last couple of weeks.

0 comments: