Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

  • I'm thankful for my husband, Eric, and the many years we've had together.
  • I'm thankful for my family. I'm thankful to know them and proud to be related to them. Even when we all disagree.
  • I'm thankful for my friends.
  • I'm thankful for the internet. For e-mail, blogs, message boards, usenet and the rest.
  • I'm thankful for people who understand obsession, and allow me to indulge in my fandom of Aquaman without thinking I'm a loon.
  • I'm thankful for retailers who wait until after Thanksgiving to start putting up Christmas stuff, instead of starting Christmas decorations before Hallowe'en.
  • I'm thankful for people who wait until the end of December (or even January) before starting to post "year in review" articles.
  • I'm thankful for mysteries and wonder, and I hope we never quite figure out everything there is to figure out, because that would take the magic out of the world.

0 comments: