Wednesday, January 13, 2010

To My Readers ... Help...

As you know, there has been a massive earthquake in Haiti, a country that can ill-afford any more disasters. My cousin has been trying to adopt from Haiti for a few years now, and the children she loves are in Carrefour, entirely too close to the epicenter.

If you have heard ANYTHING about the "Hope for Little Angels of Haiti" orphanage in Carrefour, please let me know. If you possibly have some angle, someone who can go and check and would be willing to find out what happened to them, please get back to me. You can email me at my name.

And if you can't help, spare a thought for Nathan and Jessica, and for the other children in the orphanage. I can't imagine the horror of a major earthquake in a place with no infrastructure. No power. No clean water. No medical help. In the poorest nation in this hemisphere.

If you donate money, consider giving to Operation USA, a great organization that makes sure the money goes to helping the people and not to just raising more money.

1 comments:

Richard Duncan said...

I spent a day at a Carrefour (pronounced car-foo) orphanage years ago, but I don't think it was the same one. My first thought was that it looked like the epicenter was Carrefour. Most of my connections there are north of Port-au-Prince (Mountrouis), but if I hear of anything I will let you know. My heart is broken.