Saturday, February 19, 2011

Haiti

I believe I've mentioned that my cousin adopted a child from Haiti, right after the earthquake. She'd been trying to adopt for quite some time, and the earthquake managed to speed up the process immensely due to the humanitarian reasons. Well, my cousin is not a person to forget those who helped her, and she's part of a non-profit that's been working hard to help the remaining children in the orphanage. They try to supply clean water and rent money, and they've been helping to build a new, safe building in a better area.

Anyway, they've had a situation with the rent money there, and I want people to know about it. If you can, please spread the word. Harry needs to pay the rent on the orphanage. And even though my cousin has her child safely out of there, many other children remain and are depending on Harry and my cousin for help.

Thanks.

1 comments:

Eric TF Bat said...

OK, here's the plan. A couple of former orphans used to have a band, and one of them just got out of Joliet and there was this incident in a church and a shopping mall and to cut a long story short they're getting the band back together, and they're putting on a concert up at the Palace Hotel Ballroom tonight, so everyone should go...

Hang on - what do you mean, real life isn't just like the movies? Dang it! Better get donating then, I guess...