Wednesday, March 30, 2011

750Words - A Year Later

Yup, last night I reached 365 days of writing on There were two snags along the way. One night in February I had an internet outage. I wrote my words in Notepad, and waited and waited until midnight for the internet to come back on. It didn't. But I wrote the words, and Buster agreed to restore my streak. The next glitch came earlier this month when the website wasn't saving more than 749 words for many people. Again, I wrote the words and saved them in a text file, but had to have Buster restore my streak.

I've mostly been writing journal entries, but some of it is fiction. Very bad fiction that is steam-of-consciousness and would need about 20 more drafts to be readable. But it's fun to write. I don't think I'm ready for NaNoWriMo, but I'm getting some stuff written. And enjoying myself besides.

So, here's to the next year!


David Oakes said...


David Dunham said...

I'm at 92 days now. Yeah, I hear all about the stream of consciousness fiction, that is what most of my stuff is. I'd love to get any of it readable. But I barely have the time to write the 750 words each night. Maybe I will get more time later.