Sunday, February 12, 2012

Good Grief

I've been talking about nothing but the cat for several weeks now. Perhaps I ought to update you on the rest of my life?

First off, I'm still a reporter, somehow. I'm constantly terrified of being laid off, but I'm apparently slightly decent at the job. I need to improve more. There's a lot of room for improvement. So it goes.

I haven't read much of my comics for the last few weeks, meaning that I'm essentially two months behind. I'll catch up, but it'll be awhile with my concern about keeping the kitten alive and happy trumping the comics. I'm getting one or two read each night, haven't even started my little reviews yet.

I got my media credentials from Emerald City Comicon, but was unable to get the interviews I wanted. I will not get to interview George Takei. *sigh* Probably for the best. I would have a lot of work to do to work out the set of questions I wanted, and then I'd have to practice not gushing like the fangirl I am when I met him. I also didn't get the Chris Lloyd interview, which I had hoped to ask some Wizard of Oz questions in. So those were busts.

Beyond that, my life is as predictable as a reporter's life can be. I took pictures at a wrestling tournament yesterday, go to regular meetings each week and the occasional irregular meeting. I just got a terrifying glance at the seamy underside of local politics this past week and am worse off for the experience as far as my faith in humanity goes, but a bit better off in terms of knowing what I'm dealing with around me.

I had to replace the front tires on my car. I was driving around a corner and felt the wheel jerk under my hands, and then it felt like my car was driving through molasses. I stopped at the Les Schwab, and sure enough, flat. It hadn't quite blown out, but close enough to worry me. We had known the tire needed replacing, just didn't think it was quite that bad. So that's another thing we have to pay for. Money is getting tight again.

Weather has been good. Cool, but not too much freezing. We've had some fog and some rain, but I find them refreshing (unlike natives to this side of the mountains).

My new alarm clock woke me up at 5:34 a.m. this morning with a kitten paw up the nose. I'm never going to get to sleep in again, am I?

3 comments:

David Oakes said...

You have a cat - you don't have a life!

Roger Owen Green said...

What David said.
So you have a cat blog; it's a focus.

Oh, yeah, and that "I'll catch up with those comics" thing. Well, maybe YOU will, but when I started falling behind in reading them, I eventually just had to shed titles altogether. They, annoyingly, just keep on coming out.

Anonymous said...

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.