Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Sunday Review

This week's movie was The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones Chapter 12: Attack of the Hawkmen (Feb 1917) - Indy returns to Europe and ends up with a group of American flyers facing off against the Red Baron. Good stuff in this one, but better stuff in the supporting documentaries. I liked the results of Indy's mission in the second half. Things go boom!



A comic book related review for this week is Brody's Ghost Volume 2 by Mark Crilley. Brody starts to train for his new mission. A guy and his ghosts. There were more than a few moments I had to stop and say, "Oh no, don't do that," but overall it was good stuff. In fact, I'm thinking I'm going to have to pick up the next volume as soon as it comes out instead of waiting for a bit. Looks like it was solicited in the December Previews...



Another comic book related review for this week is Sidekicks Save the Day! (Batman: The Brave and the Bold). This is based on an episode of the TV show, and if I'd realized that I probably wouldn't have bothered getting it. It's just a rehash of the show. Nothing special. It really doesn't add much, and the art seems to just be screen captures from the episode. I'd skip it, unless you're a completist.



0 comments: