Sunday, March 04, 2012

Wizard of Ows

So Eric and I had a big day yesterday even though Eric has a bad case of the crud, and we finished the day off by going to see the local high school in their final performance of "The Wizard of Oz". Because the play was double-cast, Eric also saw it last weekend while I was attending a school board meeting.

Our timing was a bit poor, and we rushed through dinner before heading to the play. Inkwell hardly had time to complain that we weren't feeding him off our plates before we left.

The play itself was very well done. Good performances, decent music. The only problem I had with it was the volume of the music was often too loud for the singers, a common problem in high school productions of anything, I've noticed. The music has to be loud enough for the performers to hear, but ends up being too loud for the audience.

After the intermission, I felt a headache coming on. Really bad. I mean, one of those headaches that makes you want to curl up and die. Not quite a migraine strength, but enough to make you completely miserable. I found myself wanting nothing so much as to just go home, despite wanting to see the rest of the play.

I stuck it out, barely, and Eric hustled me out as soon as the bowing and cheering was over. I don't actually remember much after that. I got to bed, the kitten came and curled up against my head and purred away some of the pain, then I was asleep. I had the vague notion that Eric came to bed really really late, or really really early in the morning.

I woke up about 6 a.m. and wondered why the kitten wasn't crying for breakfast. I still felt horrible, so I stayed in bed for another half-hour, waiting to be attacked by a hungry kitten. I started to worry when he didn't appear, so I got up and dizzily walked out to see if he was ok. He wasn't anywhere in the bedroom, nor on the landing or in the upstairs bathroom. I looked down the stairs. No kitten scrambling up to meow at moving human. Eric's room had the door closed, so I opened it and peeked in...

...and the kitten jumped up from Eric's laptop, crying and stretching. Eric had accidentally locked the kitten in his room overnight. Inky raced to me, and I picked him up to carry him down the stairs because I was certain he would trip me if I let him walk. He struggled out of my hands anyway, and sure enough, tried to trip his dizzy mommy as she stumbled down the stairs. Fed the cat, then I went back to bed. Inkwell joined me a bit later, after finishing his breakfast and using the litter box. I found it too difficult to get back to sleep, and went to get my morning pills.

A bit later, I went to get some hot cider and the kitten tripped me. I fell, but against the couch so I didn't do any damage. This time. I'm now moving about very slowly, trying not to break anything.

I did enjoy the play, but I seem to have a sinus issue and I am going to take it easy today.

Inkwell is much better today. Hyper cat again. I checked his incision and he doesn't seem to be pulling on it too much, so I think he's healing. I'll try to get more pictures, but I'm non-mobile at the moment so I'm notaswqs *GET OFF THE KEYBOARD, INKY* ahem. So I'm not going to be able to get good action shots of him.

Anyway, that's life at the Gjovaag house today.


Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club for people whose cats get on the asdf45^*= / keyboard.