Monday, July 15, 2013

Comic Review: Family Pets

Family Pets #1
Family Pets #1.

I got this as a free issue from Comixology, alerted to it by Zenoscope's PR department.

See, Zenoscope is starting an Oz series, which naturally means I managed to connect Zenoscope Public Relations with Eric so he could do a little cross-promotion on his Wizard of Oz site and blog. ZPR has sent us review copies, in PDF form, of a bunch of their titles. I haven't had much time, and I don't really enjoy the oversexed versions of fairy tales in the Zenoscope books, so I haven't read most of them.

But Zenoscope is branching out, and put up a preview on Comixology that they directed us to check out. The book is aimed at a general audience and looked intriguing, so I went ahead and read it. And I liked it.

It's about a girl whose parents died in an accident who wishes something strange and wonderful would happen to her. And suddenly, something strange and wonderful happens to her, in the form of ... well, spoilers, but pretty cool magic all around. She isn't quite as keen on the adventure once it happens, of course, but that's where the story gets really interesting. Love the supporting characters, enjoyed the artwork, and found the premise compelling enough I want to read the next issue. That's a win in my book.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my hands on the print copies, assuming there are print copies available. Maybe wait for a trade? Hrmmm...

0 comments: