Sunday, February 08, 2015

A Sunday Review

DCBS
Here are reviews of the DCBS comic books that I've gotten around to reading and reviewing, sorted by the original shipping date:
  • Dec 17th
  • Justice League #37 - So, this was ok, but not great. I'm tired of most of the team just laying there, and I honestly would prefer something other than the "big three" leading the story. But it isn't horrible. Just not what I want from this book.
  • Green Lantern: New Guardians #37 - Back to Kyle, who is an idiot as usual. And then there's a frontal assault on Highfather, who is as bad as Darkseid. So, are there any good guys in this book, really?
  • Multiversity: Thunderworld #1 - A nice sweet Captain Marvel adventure... with Morrison twists in time to make it deeper and more worrisome than it ought to be. Eek.
  • Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #6 - Still no Aquaman, but I like that the two plotlines have finally merged. And letting a viper on the team is interesting.
  • Arrow: Season 2.5 #3 - Quite a cool final page with the return of an old friend... but I'm so tired of the Brother Blood stuff.
  • Smallville Continuity #1 - Considering how little I like this series of series, I'm not sure whether I should be happy Aquaman is missing or upset.
  • Teen Titans Go #7 - Robin, you really don't want to be a teen idol. At least Aquaman made an appearance in this. He seems to show up a lot in this version.
  • Fables #147 - Not sure what bothers me more... that Brandish can't die, or that everyone just stands around letting him look for his own head.
  • Doctor Who 10th #5 - I'm liking Gabby even more. She has a tendency to be kind, and that worked much better than expected. Having her get an open invitation like that at the end (two of them, actually) made for a nice turn of events.
  • Oddly Normal #4 - Ah, bullies. Why do I feel like jumping in and attacking them? At least she found some folks who are friendly.
  • Peanuts V2 #24 - Some decent little tales in this one, but how did Charlie Brown get off the ice?
  • Grimm Fairy Tales: Tales from Oz #5 - Ok, the "guest" appearances in this one did get a belly laugh from me. Of course Glinda claims the only sane one. Nice.



0 comments: