Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Sunday Review

DCBS
Here are reviews of the DCBS comic books that I've gotten around to reading and reviewing, sorted by the original shipping date:
  • Apr 8th
  • Convergence #1 - And... it's just what I feared. A big old arena story. I hate stories in which heroes are forced to fight to the death. I'm hoping for some decent twists in this, or I'm going to be bored out of my gourd by this entire event.
  • Convergence: Harley Quinn #1 - I think the most interesting thing about this is how Harley pulls herself together while everyone else around her is falling apart. That, and the fishes swimming around her fingers.
  • Convergence: Justice League #1 - This might as well have been the Aquaman Convergence issue... it focuses heavily on Mera and the Flashpoint Atlantis. Good stuff for an Aquaman fan.
  • Arrow: Season 2.5 #7 - Still being thrown off by the timing of this, especially since I'm currently watching shows that are a month later than from when this was originally published. My mind is kind of playing ping pong with it all.
  • Astro City #22 - Another story about life moving on. I enjoyed the tale, but the hints of a new danger coming are a little frightening. Astro City generally doesn't seem like a book with huge storyarcs, but it's all connected. So when do we get the finish of these plot threads?
  • Spider-Man 2099 #11 - Huh. Lots of little plot threads running around being obnoxious... but the best is, of course, no good deed going unpunished. Ouch. Poor Miguel.
  • Rebels #1 - Well, that's a good start to the series. I know almost nothing about Ethan Allen or the Green Mountain boys, so I expect this could be an education. I have high hopes for this series.
  • Spongebob Comics #43 - Pretty average issue. No Mermaid Man.



0 comments: