Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Sunday Review

DCBS
Here are reviews of the DCBS comic books that I've gotten around to reading and reviewing, sorted by the original shipping date:
  • Apr 15th
  • Convergence #2 - I had to look up Deimos to find out he's a Warlord character. I figured out he was a bad guy just by his look. So, what's next in this massive crossover from heck?
  • Convergence: Aquaman #1 - Is it bad that the first thing I noticed was a possible continuity mistake? This version of Aquaman wasn't with Mera. In any case, this is ok. I like Convergence: Justice League a bit better, but this works.
  • Convergence: Green Lantern Parallax #1 - So, this version of Hal is completely controlled by Parallax then? Ok. That's interesting.
  • Convergence: Justice League International #1 - It's just very wrong for heroes to be fighting each other, which is why this whole event isn't really working for me. If all the "bad" universes were set up against "good" ones first, that would have worked, I guess.
  • Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #10 - Whew, I wasn't really expecting Luthor to NOT be the big bad, so that's a surprise. And Hawkwoman comes back but not Aquaman? Not fair!
  • Teen Titans Go #9 - Ok, that had some moments. I don't hate this version of Teen Titans, but I recognize that I'm really not the audience for the book. Usually that doesn't matter... for this book it does.
  • Oddly Normal #6 - Climbing into someone else's memory, wow. Don't let's get too Harry Potter on this, please.
  • Peanuts V2 #27 - Charlie Brown feels sick and goes to the hospital. It's a strange take on the whole set of characters and... well, the final bit feels slightly forced to me.
  • Doctor Who 10th #9 - This one is simply painful on multiple levels. That's the problem with time travel. Life twists and turns and people get left on the long path while others take the shortcuts. Bittersweet ending. I've been enjoying this book.
  • Doctor Who 11th #11 - ARC's secret origin is revealed! Sort of. There's a couple of questions remaining. Like why the heck Jones would even consider a clown costume.
  • Doctor Who 12th #7 - The bad guys in this are suitably creepy and disturbing, but the really terrifying thing is that I'm not sure if the people getting converted are all dying. If so, that's an awful lot of people to sacrifice for this one guy.



0 comments: