Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The weird weather...

I admit, the story told by Cliff Mass at his weather blog about this past winter has me really nervous. I mean, it's bad enough to be worried about global warming, which may or may not be something we can stop from destroying our civilization... but to see something so incredibly odd as a year with normal precipitation and yet practically no snowpack is somewhat terrifying.

I'm not trained in weather observation. I only know that I don't like the really hot or really cold days. We had almost none of the latter in this area this past winter, but I doubt I'll be spared the hot.

At least I can take some small comfort in the conjecture by Mass that the weird winter was truly related to the overall trend of global warming. Because I want to have hope that the snowpack will return in future years and this valley won't become an arid desert once again.

0 comments: