Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Linkdump

A judge ordered a newspaper to remove an article from its website. The paper refused and basically told off the judge. The judge backed down.

I don't have anxiety attacks often, but when I do they are truly some of the worse things I've ever dealt with. Wil Wheaton has advice for a fan who asked about dealing with a panic attack.

This key organizer is tempting to me, but I'm not sure if I want it enough to actually get it.

I don't know why, but I find this story about adding sound effects to real-life lasers to be just... cool.

National Geographic celebrated World Oceans Day on Instagram with lots of great photos. But I think this is my favorite. But then, I'm also a sucker for seahorses.


A lined seahorse at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. Photo by Joel Sartore.

Personally, I prefer to write yyyy/mm/dd for my own records, because it makes a heckuva lot more sense than the default U.S. date format (and because I was influenced by computer standards as well, I'm sure).

Here's a nice list of Nebula Award winners with links to a lot of the stories online. I'm particularly pleased with the victory of Ursula Vernon's Jackalope Wives. Vernon did the fantastic webcomic Digger (which was honored with a Hugo award in 2012). Anyway, Vernon's response to her win was hilarious and humble in the best way. Congrats! I hope to meet you at a convention some day.

0 comments: