- May 20th
- Convergence #7 - There's the earthquake. Anyway, big ol' space creature talking with Superman, planet entering the solar system, and nasty magician vs planet. What's not to like?
- Convergence: Green Lantern Corps #2 - I'm not a big Guy Gardner fan, and this is focused on him, both as the twit he is and as a Green Lantern. It's nothing special.
- Convergence: Justice League America #2 - Aquaman, Zatanna and Martian Manhunter get to say "Here I come to save the day!" and rescue everyone by sending the Tangent foes home. Lovely.
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #11 - Well, Aquaman is mentioned... I hope he shows up in the final issue. As it is, not a bad continuation of the story.
- Empire Uprising #2 - The minions are suspicious that Golgoth is losing his touch, but he's created such an atmosphere of fear that they can't even say it aloud. This is a creepy book in many ways.
- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency #1 - I have only read the original book once, and I wasn't much of a fan. This seems to me to be a guy very much like The Doctor, and the story seems to be one that goes its own direction without much sense. This is going to be a wait and see kind of thing, I can tell.
- Usagi Yojimbo #145 - Oh, this one looks to be fun. It's an Usagi reunion! This is part 1 of a three-part story, and I really am going to be counting the days until I get the next issue. Great stuff!
- Oddly Normal #7 - Oddly continues her look into her past, and manages a few things that her grandmother didn't think was possible. Then she gets an invitation. This is a really fun book, but I think this isn't an issue to jump in on, since it really relies on knowing the story so far.
- Peanuts V2 #28 - I never got my ears pierced because I never felt like having another hole in my head. But I had classmates who voluntarily went through this process, so I'm amused.
- Doctor Who 11th #12 - I like ARC, and Jones is not nearly as irritating as he was before, but I kind of wish I could have seen the events that led up to the start of this book. I feel like I was cheated out of something goofy and fun by the story starting where it did.
- UFOlogy #2 - This continues to be strange, building up a back-story that could either be something very traditional and ho-hum, or might be new and original. I'm curious to see the next issue, though, and that's a good sign.
Sunday, July 05, 2015
DCBS comic books that I've gotten around to reading and reviewing, sorted by the original shipping date: