- Jun 3rd
- Justice League #41 - I find Darkseid to be one of the most boring evil dudes in the entire DCU, and I really hate the whole "New Gods" thing. That means I probably am going to have a really tough time with this whole storyline, which looks to be infested with Darkseid, new gods and cosmic flimflam. *yawn* Give me something a little less cosmic.
- Green Lantern #41 - That's supposed to be Hal? Ha. Right. More cosmic stuff. I'm not sure what to make of it, but so far I'm not impressed with this DCU.
- Batman Beyond #1 - Joker cosplay. I love it. Ahem. This isn't the Batman Beyond I know and love, and I'm not all that keen on seeing Terry's brother jealous of Tim. I'll give it a few issues, but I'm not really liking it so far.
- Flash: Season Zero #9 - And there ends the tale of a character we are very unlikely to see on the show. King Shark is cool, but I just can't see him working on the television screen. This is more of Barry going too fast, messing up because he's not working out the situation before he jumps into action.
- Doctor Who 12th #8 - I like how the Doctor points out to the bad guys that their actions are even worse than the initial problem. And I'm glad the victims survived.
- Big Game Hunters #1 - Steampunk monster hunting seems to be a genre all itself anymore. This is a decent addition to the oeuvre. The art is a little cluttered for my tastes, but the story is somewhat intriguing and the characters are strange enough that I'm looking forward to the next issue.
- Grimm Fairy Tales: Oz: Reign of the Witch Queen #2 - More on Dorothy's history, including the fact that her dad liked to expose his chest, too. Clearly the desire to remove clothing runs in the family. How many more issues of this thing are there? Will the characters ever start wearing real clothing? Will the plot start to make sense? Find out in another few months...
Sunday, July 19, 2015
DCBS comic books that I've gotten around to reading and reviewing, sorted by the original shipping date: