Thursday, April 21, 2016

Not a Great Day for the Music World

I won't go into the obvious. It's all too depressing to think about.

Today I got a few things done, including reading and writing reviews for some comic books, taking care of the yard as much as I could, playing with the cat, and starting the search for a new job.

Yeah, I was going to wait until Monday, but I decided to get started today. There are a few local options that aren't completely horrible, but none that I really want to take. I found a couple of online writing mills, but again, nothing I'm particularly interested in. I'll look a bit deeper tomorrow, update my resume and start getting serious, I guess.

Other things I need to take care of include worrying about my health insurance status and possibly applying for food stamps. I hope we don't need food stamps, but if I don't find something fast, it might be wise to at least look into it again.

I also spent some of the day cleaning stuff up, washing the winter blankets to put them into storage, generally tidying the house. There's a lot I wasn't doing because I was sick and depressed from work. I hope to change that moving forward. I just hope I don't find another job that makes me sick and depressed.

Overall I'm not happy with how unprepared I was to be unemployed. I knew it was coming, but it was a helpless spiral and I was fighting so hard to try to actually be what I thought was wanted that I had no energy for anything else.

The best news is that I haven't had an anxiety attack since Monday. That's the longest I've gone without one in four months. Admittedly, they were pretty small at first, but they were getting worse every week. The Monday right before Emerald City Comicon was the worst one, with this Monday's being the second place finisher. Most of the others were less severe. I don't think I'm depressed right now, in the clinical sense. I'm a little sad about not having a job and worried about money, but that's not the same as depression.

In short, it's going to be alright, I think. I don't expect it to get wonderful right away, but I think I'm doing pretty good, under the circumstances. Now if only my fantasy billionaire would casually pay off our mortgage, life would get really cool... *grin*

0 comments: