Friday, May 06, 2016

Hugo Replacements Announced

Since two finalists withdrew from contention, Thomas Mays in the short story category and Black Gate in the fanzine category, the Hugo administration has announced the two replacements.

I'm a little more happy about the Hugo's now, although Black Gate was a loss. I'm not really sure how this whole thing will turn out this year, but at least there are a few really good works on the ballot. And as of today, there are two more.

I have started to seek out stories from both the retro and regular Hugos, and I'll eventually post reviews as I get to them.

Lastly, I will note that another finalist, Chuck Tingle, has started to get some attention for his antics. I believe, although I'm not sure, that nominating him will backfire/has backfired on the rabids.

0 comments: