Sunday, January 06, 2019

A Sunday Comic Books Review

DCBS
Here are reviews of the DCBS comic books that I've gotten around to reading and reviewing, sorted by the original shipping date:
  • Mar 7th
  • One StarfishJustice League #40 - So... the entire league is somehow sent to the Watchtower, which is damaged beyond repair, and why are there two leagues? Did I miss something again?
  • Two and a half StarfishGreen Lanterns #42 - A little police work gets our Lanterns to the correct location, with a killer tagging along. I still haven't figured out what's going on with that religion, but if I were the Lanterns, I would have sent the evidence directly to the corps headquarters and asked for back-up *before* confronting the bad guys. I guess that's why I'm not a comic book character.
  • Two StarfishBlack Lightning: Cold Dead Hands #5 - I have a small issue with "show, don't tell" and the lack of following that rule in this issue. There is a whole lot of exposition to set up the situation the book ends on, and it feels like it might have been accomplished better without so much narration.
  • Two StarfishBombshells United #13 - So we're back to the Batgirls, who are hunting down pirate radio stations because... um... zombie kids? Not sure. It's not like this book is ever totally clear, but this is definitely a bit wobbly. And that finale is a surprise, as well.
  • Three StarfishThe Tick 2018 #3 - More of The Tick's history is revealed, but the reason for his visit is still unclear. To him as well as everyone else. Arthur seems like the only normal person around, and he's befuddled. Good times.
  • Mar 14th
  • Two and a half StarfishTitans #21 - Roy is suffering from that worst of all maladies - no one believes him although he's right. It's clearly being telegraphed that Mallah is the key to solving the problem Roy spotted. But I'm not really invested in this book after the changes of a few issues ago.
  • Three and a half StarfishScooby Apocalypse #23 - Boy, does Cliffy have a lot to tell the gang when they finally get back to his "safe" area. It's also interesting that the three female team members are being set up as all having tons of skills, while the guys are just sort of ... guys. Yeah, I liked this issue. I definitely want to see where they go with this concept.
  • Two StarfishDoctor Strange #387 - Despite feeling like I have no idea what's happening in the Marvel Universe in general (Las Vegas? Demons?), I was able to follow this issue fairly well. I'm just not terribly interested in what happens.
  • Three and a half StarfishBack To The Future: Tales from the Time Train #3 - What a relief. Much less of the boys being annoying, and the plot moves along at a decent pace... maybe a little slow, but not too bad. And I'm finally interested in seeing what happens next.

0 comments: