Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Bits and Pieces

Here is Will Pfeifer's latest review column in the Rockford Register Star. This one is about a book on "Profoundly Disturbing" movies.

Comics came today, and we got a bundle of them. I also grabbed a selection of Marvel comics for a friend who is trying to find a comic shop, and I did a quick read through the two books that I got for him that we don't normally get, so I'll do rapid reviews for those.

It's been painful to watch the Mariners lately. It seems like they've lost their relief pitching entirely. I know, I know, they still have the best record in baseball and are doing well enough to stay on top despite the blown saves recently, but there is nothing harder to watch than the end of a game you thought was in the bag, only to see your team's pitchers give up grand slams in the ninth to lose.

I could tell that fireworks went on sale yesterday, as last night there was a lot of noise in the neighborhood. Seems that a few folks decided to ignore the fact that letting off fireworks is only legal on the 4th of July itself in our town. Though, with some of the window-rattling booms, I wasn't entirely sure all the fireworks going off were even legal anyway. I got my fill of fireworks, legal and not, as a kid.

0 comments: