Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Radio Requests

Hubby-Eric sent an e-mail to Kent and Allen, the morning radio personalities on Star 101.5 in Seattle. He requested a particular song be played between 6:45 and 7:15 am this morning. He also wrote a letter explaining the whole situation (how he finally got a full-time teaching job only to go on a 49 day strike).

Call me the lazy wife, I didn't want to get up to record it. So I set up my computer with the radio going into it and set up a timer to record the whole 30 minutes. It worked, and I've been listening to the program this morning.

They read my husband's letter on air (of course they couldn't pronounce his last name, so the referred to him as "Mr. G", which is the name many students call him) and played his song. Then promptly the weather gal made fun of the choice of song, since it was "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba... if you listen to the main chorus, it makes perfect sense for a teacher fight song, but if you listen to the rest of the lyrics... heh. Another teacher called in to say it is a great song for teachers: "I get knocked down, but I get up again, they're never gonna keep me down." That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

0 comments: